Monday, March 15, 2010

ROCKY II

So my nickname growing up was Rocky Elizabeth, it was given to me by my father after I had multiple falls and multiple stitches in my face. It seems that we have a Rocky II in our family now. The funny thing is, unlike daredevil Brayden who never gets hurt (he could probably give Evel Knievel a run for his money), Cody gets hurt all the time, doing the most innocent things. The great news is Cody is a good patient, the casts don't seem to bother him too much and even the stitches went better than I had thought. Let's just hope this is a short phase in our lives and it ends soon.Round one goes to the bathtub. Cody hit it while falling off the toilet. 5 stitches on the right eyebrow.All 3 kids at the ER is not fun!!! I was sooo ready to get out of there after 4 1/2 hours.Round 2 goes to the slide. Cody's shoes got stuck on the way down and he fell head and hands first to the ground. After the last trip to the ER, I knew better - I called a babysitter for the other two and went to a nice clean minor emergency clinic - why would anyone go to the ER if they didn't have too?
bath time is esp. hard with this new cast.

Round 3 - slide again. He should have learned his lesson - or maybe we should have :( This time a light blue cast on the right foot. Believe it or not he gets around pretty great in this cast and bath time is a little easier with the foot than the arm, or maybe we are just becoming pros.

No comments: